Saturday, July 24, 2010

Scorcher Continued ... 103.3 degrees F at 4:07 p.m.

When I went out this morning tenish the CF = 30 to 32 and the float system was down to about 2" on the low side maybe a smidge more. Then I went out a few minutes ago (it's almost 4 p.m. here) and the CF was no longer readable, over 34. I figured it was time to top it off so I ran in water until it overflowed and then read the CF = 17. I'll add some more concentrate later, but right now I think I'll just let it transpire.

Got back from church about 7 p.m. and CF =19 at equilibrium so I'll wait until tomorrow. If it is a scorcher like today then the transpiration will take the CF up a few points.

I also picked the first red tomato of the season:

HARVEST 2010
7/24 DONA 1 at 1 1/4 ounce ... they are small tomatoes but these are smaller than I'm used to seeing Donas so I'm wondering if I got the right thing. We'll see as things transpire (no pun intended).

The one I picked was the lowest one there. The picture was taken yesterday. They've all reddened up a little more since the picture was taken.

No comments: