Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday A.M. and later P.M.

Well at 10 a.m. on Monday morning the CF = 30 and the pond is definitely well down and can be topped off so that's 3 days and they were fairly well scorchers. But it is starting to rain so I'm going to put off any topping off for a while. Some of the smaller tomatoes (Dona's) in the pond system are starting to show signs of color so maybe we'll start tomato harvesting in a week or so.

In afternoon, around 3 p.m. I topped the pond off which took the CF down to 18. So based on a nominal expectation of a 1.5 tick for every quarter cup I added a cup and a half of concentrate. Later I checked and didn't see the rise I'd expected getting only about a CF of 22 which seems way too little so I'm thinking maybe the tip of my conductivity meter needs a little scrubbing, but it was reading 30 earlier so go figure. It's been a fairly hot day currently 92.5 and was over 93 earlier.

A couple more squash are looking harvestable and there are a number of corn on the corn stalks so we'll get a little corn. I have not touched the weeds so they are growing in a lively manner. I'll post new pictures soon for anyone who is interested.

No comments: