Monday, August 22, 2011

Update on the Statistics

Well, no new pictures to show off, so I thought I'd at least update the statistics. So far we've taken a total of 53 tomatoes, although I'm only showing 51 since the first two are from August 1st and we tiny little runts that I took off mostly because they'd been bitten by something and some ants had somehow gotten up to them and were swarming all over one of them. I know that doesn't sound too appetizing, but I washed them off, cut out the part that was bitten and ate them anyway. There is no point is wasting a perfectly good tomato. I like to slice them up and then drop a drop of horseradish sauce on each slice and a bit of salt and then savor them as I eat them one by one. The only thing better is to put them on a juicy hamburger. The total quantity right now is a little more than 18 pounds with an average a bit higher than 5 and a half ounces each. The biggest single tomato and these are all Big Boys has been one 10 ounce one and then three in the 8 to 9 ounce range. As you can see the mode is in the 7 to 8 ounce range.

No comments: