Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hydroponics In Space

SEE HERE For long term habitation in space it will be essential to grow your own food and recycle just about everything, especially water. The sheer difficulty of creating a closed cycle system will I think deter long term habitats in space until the technology can be perfected. Hydroponics is likely to be an important part of the ecology of a long term space colony. One would expect that such a colony's eco-system would be quite fragile. A significant blight would destroy the harvest and likely disrupt the ability of the habitat to exist. Don't expect to see long duration space travel until these kinds of problems are solved.

4 comments:

Jake said...

Thank You for the post. I love to read interesting post that has knowledge to impart. These kinds of post are very helpful to me to increase my knowledge on different facts about life and other matters. I hope to read more articles from you and in return I will post also my articles in the forum so that others can benefit from it. Keep up the good work!


Organic Food

How does hydroponics work said...

Thanks for the post, we will post your How does hydroponics work article. I will post for our customers to see your articles on your blog How does hydroponics work

Jake said...

Thanks a lot for the post; I really love to read articles which are about farming especially about hydroponics. These articles keeps my updated about different topics and products that are related to planting and gardening. I hope to read more from you! Thanks a lot and Kudos!

Organic Food

Hydroponic supplies said...

Thanks for the post, we will post your Hydroponic supplies article. I will post for our customers to see your articles on your blog Hydroponic supplies