Friday, August 1, 2008

Keeping Notes

Whatever you do when you're dreaming about doing your own Hydroponics Garden and having your own personal adventure, you want to keep notes. Nothing succeeds like a well thought out strategy. I always keep a quadrille notebook and sketch out my ideas for systems. It's great fun, especially on some of those lazy Winter days when you don't want to go out because it's too cold.

As May rolls around you don't have much time. Here's a page from my notebook back in 2002 when I put out all sorts of systems. There was a 4 tube 2/3rds Star System, an NFT lettuce system and a table full of tub float systems.

As I was dreaming up the systems I'd draw these diagrams and make notes of what I might need. Then it was off to the design center (Lowes, Home Depot, Walmart, ... wherever there are plastic bric-a-brac from which to cobble up a system. Each and every design is an adventure.

No comments: